Image - Community Trust
  • Home
  • Resolving Your Complaints

Resolving Your Complaints

We will try to deal with your concerns locally. This means that you should phone or take your complaint directly to the Supervisor or Department Manager where you do business as soon as you have a concern. You can contact a Community Trust representative at 1-800-268-1576.

If after completing Step 1, you remain dissatisfied, you may put your concerns in writing addressed to our Chief Privacy Officer. You may reach Community Trust’s Chief Privacy Officer by mail, fax or email as follows:


Chief Privacy Officer
Community Trust Company
2350 Matheson Blvd East,
Mississauga, ON L4W 5G9

Fax: 416 763-2444

If you have gone through the first two steps and remain dissatisfied, you can turn to an independent ombudsman who has been designated to provide an impartial review of unresolved customer complaints. Contact information for the OBSI is provided below.


Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments

20 Queen Street West, Suite 2400
P.O. Box 8
Toronto, Ontario
M5H 3R3

Toll free telephone: 1-888-451-4519
Toll free fax: 1-888-422-2865
Toronto area telephone: 416-287-2877
Toronto area fax: 416-225-4722


The Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC)

The Financial Consumer Agency of Canada supervises financial institutions such as trust and loan companies to ensure that they comply with federal consumer protection laws. If you have a complaint that you think may involve a violation of a consumer protection law, contact FCAC in writing. Contact information for the FCAC is provided below.

EnterpriseBuilding, 6thFloor
427 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, ON K1R 1B9

Phone: 1-866-461-3222